I really love Thursdays. Have I mentioned that?
Unfortunately the non-homestead world is going to intrude on my internal homestead this weekend. But it’s okay. Because it means that hopefully in the next few weeks I get to add a day to my long weekends.
I found out that they’ve hired someone else to work part time with me. So we’ll both work part time, and we’ll both go to school. I don’t know who he is. And I don’t care. I’m so excited I’ve been doing internal backflips all week long!
Here’s my ideal: I work Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and he works Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. See how nicely that fits? Yep.
But. I am going to work this weekend to get caught up on things I haven’t had time to do since my last office mate left. Like filing. And writing progress notes and evaluations. But then…then…someone, anyone, in my office with me.
I can’t even tell you how happy that makes me.
I am going to find time for some internal homesteading this weekend though.
- I found a big pair of knitting needles at a thrift store this week. I’m going to use a yummy ball of wool and figure out how to knit….something.
- I have about 20 items all photographed and ready to list in my shop. I’ll be doing that this weekend.
- If I have time, I’ll take some more pictures this weekend. My brother (also Kevin) has the most adorable girlfriend named Judit. I have hatched a little plan to load up my mini-van with my vintage goodies and head down to visit my dad, and somehow lure the pretty Judit and perhaps a friend or two into modeling for me. I’m very excited about the prospect. So I’m not too worried about taking pictures this weekend, while I figure out if this is going to work out.
- My one small change for March is going to be wearing cloth pads, so this weekend I’m going to stitch some up. My fabulous mother-in-law sent me some flannel, so I’m all set.
- I’m about 1/3 done with Ruby’s adorable pajamas-from-a-vintage-pattern. The pattern I had is for a size 12, and Ruby measures more like a size 8, so I’m going to have to do some tucking in, but I’m glad that they’re a little bigger. They’ll last longer. I need to remember to buy some binding tape this weekend.
- I’m making spinach with walnuts, feta, and dried cranberries tonight, so expect that recipe tomorrow. Yum.
- I am going to find some time to continue to work on What My Nana Knew. Besides wanting to share it with you all, I think I’m going to use it as my writing sample for my residency. I’m really, really excited about getting your feedback before I leave.
- I plan on also finding some time to write articles for Demand Studios. Mama wants those ruffle-y gray shoes!
What is on your internal homestead agenda this week?