I’m sorry I didn’t post this yesterday.
Friday mornings are nearly as glorious as Thursday afternoons though. It’s funny, I wake up at about the same time as I do any other morning, but without an alarm clock yanking me out of sleep. Bliss.
I have to do some non-internal-homestead work today. Paperwork. Yuck. But I can do it from home, which is excellent if I have to do it.
Last weekend was very spring-y here. Warmish, clear, most of the snow melting off. I was able to take pictures of a whole bunch of things for my Etsy store. I think they turned out really nice.
It’s overcast and very cold today, so I’m glad I still have some pictures left. I’m so happy with the way my store is looking. And I had four sales this week! How exciting is that?
I’m buying my ticket today to get to Vermont for my Goddard residency. I’m nervous and excited all at the same time. I haven’t flown in years. I would love to take the train the whole way, but it’s not happening. This feels like such a leap of faith. We don’t have the money for me to go, but we’re confident that it will all work out in the end. I have to have faith that I’m a good enough writer that working on this degree isn’t a huge waste of time and money. Faith. It’s exhilarating and terrifying at the same time, isn’t it?
Here’s what I have planned for the next three days:
- I’m making up some adorable shipping bags for my Etsy stuff. Their just brown wrapping paper squares sewn around the edges with a couple of rows of zigzag stitch. They are so cute. I’ll post some pictures.
- The pantry is all cleaned out and inventoried. This weekend I’m working on clothes.
- I’m going to get some writing done for Demand Studios tomorrow.
- I have a really fantastic book to review for you.
- I’m going to post a recipe for vegetarian 3-bean chili that rocks. Hard.
- I’m working hard on the What My Nana Knew ‘zine. I really want to have it ready in March.
What’s happening in your internal homestead this weekend?