This is sooo much easier than rolled enchiladas, so I make it on lazy days. The recipe is for chicken, but you can use any meat at all. Or no meat. I made it after Thanksgiving with turkey and it was amazing. I’ve made it with whole black or red beans with good success. Ground beef or turkey is tasty in it. Really, this is a very versatile recipe protien wise.
- 12 corn tortillas
- the meat off a rotisary chicken (or two boiled and shredded chicken breasts) equalling about 2 cups
- 8 ounces shredded cheese (cheddar and jack mixed is our favorite)
- 1 small can chopped olives
- 1 small can chopped fire-roasted chilis (two is even better if you like spicy)
- 1 big or 2 small cans enchilada sauce (I like green with poultry, red with beef or beans)
Preheat the oven to 350.
Spray a 9X13 baking pan with cooking spray.
In a big bowl mix the meat, cheese, olives, and peppers, reserving a handful of cheese.
Put a little sauce in the bottom of the pan. Layer corn tortillas on top. Tear them to get an even layer. Top that layer with some of the meat mixture and then pour on some sauce. Continue with additional layers ending with tortillas and a good layer of sauce and the reserved cheese.
Cover tightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake the last 15 minutes.
More recipe exchange here.