Sunday Stealing: The Final Week of 2009 Meme
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
I sewed in a zipper! I was so proud. I didn’t use the zipper foot, but still.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did not keep my resolutions, and as we all know I have made oodles of them for next year.
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
At home, dreaming about 2010 and all the fabulous things that will happen in it. Watching movies and eating scrumptious food.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Sadly, none. I did take the train from Nevada to Washington D.C. by myself for a writer’s conference. It was my adventure.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day the train left without me because I lost my purse in Wal-mart and didn’t have an ID. I had to go all the way home (200 miles), file a police report, come back to the train station the next day…I travelled to Washington D.C. with a police report for an ID and missed a day of the conference. I told you it was an adventure.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I sold a story to Liquid Silver Books.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I spent hours and hours and hours rewriting my novel, and was still unable to sell it.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes. I was exhausted, sore, unable to stop gaining weight, my hair was falling out–you name it, I had it–and I found out that I can’t tolerate gluten.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hands down, a little electric lap blanket. It’s so toasty.
12. Where did most of your money go?
I’m embarassed to say it…but food. We spend SO much money on groceries and eating out, it’s pretty disgusting. More than we even spend on our rent.
13. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Hmmm…I’ll have to think on this one and get back to you.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
16. What was your favourite TV program?
Hmmm….my favorite TV show this year was probably either House or Criminal Minds. A tie then.
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t hate.
18. What was the best book you read?
C.L. Wilson’s series.
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don’t think I made one.
20. What was your favorite film of this year?
Jeez…none of the movies this year really made an impact on me. I did see the new Harry Potter movie at the hugest theater I’ve ever been in, in Washington D.C. That was pretty good.
21. What did you do on your birthday?
Hung out with my Nick. Ruby was visiting her grandparents, Adrienne was travelling to an out-of-town parade with her marching band (she plays the clarinet), and Kevin was working. Me and Nick ate pizza and watched a movie. It was really nice.
22. What kept you sane?
Did I stay sane? I’m not so sure.
23. Who did you miss?
I always miss my mom.
24. Who was the best new person you met?
An Internet friend went on my trip to Washington D.C. with me–that was very cool.
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
In 2009, I learned to think outside of my comfort zone. I learned that instead of trying to make my life fit what someone else thinks it should, I can be brave and do what I want.
More Sunday Stealing here.